Appellations of Washington State Map
Washington State is the 2nd premium wine producer in the United States. Although Cabernet Sauvignon is the top variety grown and harvested, many other red wine grapes, such as Merlot, Syrah, and Cabernet Franc are produced. White grape varieties are also very important here. Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris, and Sauvignon Blanc top the harvest list although there are many more varieties grown.
The Evergreen state’s wine country has evolved and now has 20 American Viticultural Areas (AVAs). Our unique, highly detailed, and accurate wine map beautifully expresses Washington’s appellations using wine related color palettes and gorgeous cartographic design. This elegant piece of wine art is meant for your home or professional bar, cellar, or office. This striking piece also makes a distinctive and thoughtful gift for the Washington wine lover in your life.
Dimensions: 36″ x 24″
Our Washington map features:
- Washington State’s American Viticultural Areas
- Listing of each appellation with year of establishment
- List of major wine grape varieties with percent harvest
- Washington’s Wine Story: Geography & Geology
- Most important Latitude
- Legend detail – Detailed Locator Map
- Colored bar graph detailing top red varieties
- Major cities and towns
- Major highways
- Major geography features – Beautiful shaded relief background